These microorganisms play a critical role in how your immune system responds to everything that are found to be in GI tract. The probiotics in your gut from your stomach to colon are actually 10 times more than the cells present in your body!
How Probiotics Work?
There are both beneficial and harmful bacteria present in your gut. The 85 percent good bacteria and 15 percent of harmful bacteria keeps the balance of your gut flora, according to the digestive experts. The imbalance in this ratio can cause dysbiosis, the condition when the certain fungus, bacteria or yeast affects your body in a wrong way.
- When you take antibiotics, your body tend to lose “good” bacteria and probiotics help to replace them.
- Consumption of probiotics help bring the ratio of good and bad bacteria back to balance. Top 8 Reasons You Must Take Probiotics
1. Probiotics can help treat diarrhoea caused by antibioticsProbiotics have the ability to prevent diarrhoea and are widely known to treat it by reducing the severity.
The consumption of antibiotics might cause diarrhoea. It is one of the common side effects of taking antibiotics as they disturb the ratio of good and bad bacteria in the gut.
2. Probiotics help reduce anxiety and depressionProbiotic food and supplements improve some mental health conditions. Number of animal and human studies link healthy gut to mood and mental health.Probiotics help in reducing mental health disorders by fighting depression and anxiety.
3. Probiotics replenish the good bacteria which are destroyed when you eat GMOsThey keep the balance of the good bacteria in your digestive system. Consumption of ṭhese friendly live microorganisms provide wide range of health benefits.
Probiotics are very efficient and the restoration of natural balance of gut bacteria is the result of them only.
4. Probiotics help reduce certain allergies and eczema
Probiotic provides immunity and helps reduce the severity of eczema and allergies in children and infants.
One study showed the improvement in eczema symptoms found in infants who were fed probiotic-supplemented milk as compared to infants fed milk without probiotics. 5. Probiotic strains help keep your cholesterol level low and heart healthy
The healthy lactic acid-producing bacteria reduce cholesterol by breaking down bile in the gut. Bile is a fluid that naturally occurs in your body mostly made up of cholesterol and helps digestion.
Certain probiotics help lower LDL, the bad cholesterol and blood pressure, thus keeping your heart healthy. 6. Probiotics provide relief from soothe symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
There are millions of people that suffer from inflammatory bowel disease including other digestive disorders such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. These symptoms can be prevented and reduced by certain types of probiotics Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus.
7. Probiotics prevents obesity and help melt excess belly fat
Probiotics help you shed extra kilos and lose belly fat through different procedures.
With regular consumption of probiotics, absorption of dietary fat in the intestine can easily be prevented. Thus unwanted fat can be avoided from being stored in your body by letting the fat excreted through feces.
8. Probiotics provides immunity to your system Probiotics boost your immune system by preventing the growth of bad bacteria present in your gut, thus balancing the ratio.
It has also been proven that some probiotics promote the growth and development of natural antibodies in your body. It is observed that probiotics boost the production of cells that provide immunity like the T lymphocytes, IgA-producing cells and natural killer.